RTRI aims at contributing to the development of railway technologies around the world by introducing its R&D results to other countries and carrying out joint researches with overseas research organizations.
Transmission of Information
To introduce its R&D results, RTRI publishes
- Quarterly Report of RTRI (QR) : a technical journal in English,
- Newsletter : timely release of the latest information to the world.
Publications of RTRI
Participation and Support of International Conferences
RTRI attend and support international conferences in a range of academic fields.
- WCRR (World Congress on Railway Research)
- IWRN (International Workshop of Railway Noise)
- UIC High Speed
WCRR 2011(Lille, France)
Joint Research with Overseas Research Organizations
RTRI is actively working in joint researches and collaboration with various international organizations.
- With SNCF (French National Railways)
- With CARS (China Academy of Railway Sciences) and KRRI (Korean Railroad Research Institute)
- With RSSB (Railway Safety and Standards Board)
- With Other Research Organizations
- SBB (Swiss National Railways), Switzerland
- Cambridge University, UK
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Cooperation with Outside Organizations
RTRI invites trainees from foreign countries and experts for overseas technical cooperation.
- UIC (International Union of Railways)
- AAR (Association of American Railroads)
- ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
- JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency)
- JARTS (Japan Railway Technical Service)
Research collaboration with SNCF
Research collaboration with CARS and KRRI